Seagate ST3600057SS Dell branded hard drive model number W347K offers storage capacity of 600gb with rotational speed of 15,000 rotations per minute and data transfer rate of 6gb/second hence making it one of the faster hard drive with rapid read and write performance. Additionally, this hard drive is compatible with Dell PowerEdge Servers and ships with hot-swap caddie for effortless installation. Moreover, hard drive has 3.5 inch SAS interface and ships with hot-swap caddie for effortless installation. Dell ST3600057SS Dell Part Number W347K is an ideal hardware for your PowerEdge Server to ensure reliability and performance for a mission-critical enterprise network.
If you or your business need an enhanced storage solution for your server motherboards that is proven to be dependable, quality, and functional, the Dell SAS Hard drive W347K is the answer you're looking for. This solid-state hard drive takes your system's storage to the next level by increasing your Dell PowerEdge storage capacities with a 15K rotational speed, making it more than ideal for high-performance mission-critical applications for medium to large businesses.
This SAS hard drive works with MD1200, MD3200, and all Gen 11 and 12th PE servers. With a longer product lifespan compared to previous models and the ability to deliver data access quicker than ever before, the W347K SAS hard drive is designed for optimal performance, whether you have a few servers or a server farm. The 16 Mb buffer cache boosts drive speeds, and the easy-to-use SAS interface and feature set will be familiar to IT organizations that already use Dell products.
This hard drive can connect to more RAID controllers across multiple storage arrays, hot bus adapters, and expanders for future scaling of business operations. With the capability of communicating over larger distances, this allows you to transfer data efficiently.
- Brand: Seagate/Dell
- Model: ST3600057SS, W347K
- Capacity: 600Gb
- Interface: SAS 3.5 inch
- Data Transfer Rate: 6Gb/s
- Rotational Speed: 15,000rpm
- Hot-swappable: Yes
- Caddie: Yes
- Best for: PowerEdge Servers
- Shipping: Free Expedited (USA)
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Compatible Servers: This hard drive is compatible with the following servers; PowerEdge 2900, PowerEdge 2970, PowerEdge R200, PowerEdge R210, PowerEdge R300, PowerEdge R310, PowerEdge R320, PowerEdge R410, PowerEdge R415, PowerEdge R420, PowerEdge R510, PowerEdge R515, PowerEdge R520, PowerEdge R710, PowerEdge R720, PowerEdge R720xd, PowerEdge R900, PowerEdge R905, PowerEdge T100, PowerEdge T110, PowerEdge T300, PowerEdge T310, PowerEdge T320, PowerEdge T410, PowerEdge T420, PowerEdge T610, PowerEdge T620, PowerEdge T710, PowerVault Md1000, PowerVault Md3000, PowerVault Md3000i, PowerVault Md3200, PowerVault Md3220i, PowerVault Nx3100
What is a SAS Interface?
SAS is a short form of Serial Attached SCSI and it refers to hard drives equipped with point-to-point serial protocol that moves data to and from computer storage devices. SAS interface therefore are connectors that will connect server motherboard (system board) with the hard drives. SAS hard drives are mainly used for enterprise computing where high speed and high reliability are crucial such as data center, transactional processing applications, servers, raid storage, and e-commerce. SAS drives are engineered to withstand 24/7 use of enterprise data center.
Why Purchase Dell Genuine Hard Drives?
Since most SAS Hard drives are used in servers, storage, and raid arrays, it is critical that drives used in these equipment are certified by the manufacturer. If you are running a Dell server or storage system, it's vital that you purchase Dell certified drives to ensure 24/7 connectivity between the raid controller in the Dell server and the hard drive. Dell RAID controllers and Dell Hard drives have Dell firmware that will enable these two components to function properly.
SAS V/s SATA Hard Drives?
SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) and SATA (Serial ATA) are two types of hard drives that are commonly used in servers and computers. Here are the main differences between SAS and SATA hard drives:
- Performance: SAS drives are designed for high-performance applications, such as servers and enterprise storage systems, where fast data transfer rates and high reliability are critical. SATA drives, on the other hand, are typically used in desktops, laptops, and consumer-grade storage devices where performance is not as critical.
- Speed: SAS drives have faster data transfer rates than SATA drives. SAS drives typically have rotational speeds of 10,000 or 15,000 RPM, while SATA drives typically have speeds of 5,400, 5,900 (Surveillance Drives) or 7,200 (Some consumer and Most Enterprise-Grade drives) RPM. RPM stands for rotations per minute
- Reliability: SAS drives are designed for high reliability and have a longer lifespan than SATA drives. SAS drives use enterprise-grade components and have advanced error correction and error recovery capabilities, making them more resistant to data corruption and drive failures. Please note that Enterprise Systems are required to be online 24x7x365 hence SAS-drives are designed to be powered on continuously unlike regular desktop or laptops are typically turned on and off multiple times.
- Price: SAS drives are typically more expensive than SATA drives due to their higher performance, reliability, and enterprise-grade features.
- Compatibility: SAS and SATA drives are not interchangeable, as they use different connectors and protocols. SAS drives use a SAS interface and require a SAS controller, while SATA drives use a SATA interface and can be connected to a SATA controller or motherboard.
In summary, SAS drives are designed for high-performance, high-reliability applications, while SATA drives are more commonly used in consumer-grade devices and offer a more affordable storage solution.